NEWS, RECENT READING, & APPEARANCES
- August 30, 7 p.m.: Vinalhaven Public Library, Vinalhaven Maine: reading from The Body Below
- September 14, 7 p.m.: North Branch Cafe (sponsored by Bear Pond Books), Montpelier, Vermont: reading and launch party for The Body Below
- September 20, 7 p.m.: Curtis Library, with Gulf of Maine Books, Brunswick, Maine: reading from The Body Below
- Small Mercies, by Dennis Lehane
- The One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margo, by Marianne Cronin
- Demon Copperhead, by Barbara Kingsolver
- Tiger Girl and the Candy Kid, by Glenn Stout
- Of Boys and Men, by Richard Reeves
- Notes on an Execution, by Danya Kukafka
- The Devil Takes You Home, by Gabino Iglesias
- American Rust, by Philipp Meyer
- The Body Keeps the Score, by Bessel van der Kolk
- The Guide, by Peter Heller
- The Killing Hills, by Chris Offutt
- Young Woman and the Sea, by Glenn Stout
- Why Fish Don’t Exist, by Lulu Miller
- Fox and I, by Catherine Raven
- Six Feet Over, by Mary Roach
- Fuzz, by Mary Roach
- No Beast So Fierce, by Dane Hucklebridge
- The Tangled Tree of Life, by David Quammen
- The Searcher, by Tana French
Thanks to all the good people who came out for my readings in Vermont and Maine! I hope everyone enjoyed these gatherings as much as I did.
George Winston — pianist, fan, musicologist, philanthropist, and a good friend for over 40 years — died on June 4. He leaves a George-shaped hole in the world that will be impossible to fill.
George did good for a lot of people in ways big and small, and I owe him a great deal. For more about our friendship, and ruminations on what makes for a remarkable person, visit my blog at www.danielhechtblog.com.
To buy Daniel Hecht’s books in hardcopy, e-book, or audio book, click on the icons below. Support your local bookseller by buying through IndieBound; buy direct from the publishers; or click on Barnes & Noble or Amazon.